Vendor Assessment may be defined as the assessment or evaluation of a prospective or an existing vendor to determine if they can effectively meet the obligations and needs of the University, regarding a service or product.
To assess or evaluate a prospective or existing vendor, the following may involve:
- Preparation of the Request For Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) packages.
- Participating with Vendor in assessing their existing process and environment for compliance with University policies.
To assess Vendor for Iowa State University:
- Complete a Vendor assessment in ChangeGear.
- Select 'Change' from the triple bar menu at the up left corner.
- Click 'New' and use 'RFC new Software' template to request the assessment.Attach related security or assessment documents to the ChangeGear ticket.
- Place all sensitive documents tied to the Vendor request in Box under "ISU Vendor Review Process folder"
Note: The Security team will notify you when you have access to this folder
After the assessment is complete:
- You will be notified when the assessment is ready
- Review and evaluate the assessment
- Close the ChangeGear record