Software assessment exposes, prevents and identifies vulnerabilities based on vulnerabilities and defined objectives. Our objective is to provide campus a software that is free of flaws and vulnerabilities.
To assess new software for use at Iowa State University:
- Complete the assessment request in ChangeGear.
- Select 'Change' from the triple bar menu at the up left corner.
- Click 'New' and use 'RFC new Software template' to request an assessment. Attach related security or assessment documents to the ChangeGear ticket.
- Place all sensitive documents tied to the software request in Box under 'ISU Vendor Reviews folder'
Note: The Security team will notify you when you have access to this folder.
After the assessment is complete:
- You will be notified when the assessment is ready
- Review and evaluate the assessment
- Close the ChangeGear record